The German Tenants' Association (DMB) and the IRPUD of the TU Dortmund University jointly announce the study award "Housing Policy" to honor outstanding master and diploma theses as well as dissertations in this subject area. The prize serves to promote young academics and can be awarded to graduates and doctoral students from disciplines related to housing policy, in particular spatial and urban planning, geography, social sciences, political sciences, economics, housing economics and real estate economics.
A selection committee made up of renowned researchers and practitioners decides on the awarding of the prize and is made up of:
- Dr. Franz-Georg Rips (Honorary President of the German Tenants' Association)
- Dr. Armin Hentschel (Director of the Institute for Social Urban Development - ifss)
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Selle (NetzwerkStadt. Research, Consulting, Communication GmbH)
- Dr. Anja Szypulski (Urban and Regional Sociology, Department of Spatial Planning, TU Dortmund University)
The prize serves to promote young scientists and can be awarded to graduates of all disciplines whose master's, diploma or doctoral thesis was written or supervised at a German university.
As a prerequisite, the thesis must
- deal with a topic from the research field "housing policy
- be characterized by a special scientific achievement, a practical relevance or an innovative perspective on current issues in the research field
- have been submitted within a maximum of two years (deadline after September 30).
The prize is awarded on the basis of a proposal procedure. The supervising professors and research assistants are entitled to submit proposals.
The following documents are required for submission
- the master, diploma or doctoral thesis
- a short summary of the thesis (max. 300 words)
- an application form filled out by the supervisor (professor or research assistant)
- a letter of recommendation written by the supervisor (professor or research assistant), emphasizing the quality of the work.
Papers must be submitted electronically to the contact below by September 30 of the year.